The plan:

  • “The best plans of men and mice often go awry”
  • Balboa Island-LaJolla-LA-Malibu-Jalama-Big Sur-Carmel-SanFran-Reys Point-Eureka.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 10:Santa Cruz to Salt Creek

Did I forget to mention that last night I was witness to a Santa Cruz breaking and entering? Came out to the Cello to get some last things out after checking in to the hotel and I see this sketch guy looking in the Cello's back window. He was wearing black boardshorts, black sneaks, a black shirt and knee high white tube socks. I'm thinking... I realy don't want to deal with this right now... Please move on. And he did, right to the next car, a Toyota minivan with all it's doors unlocked. In he dove and started rooting around digging for stuff.
I gingerly scooted by him and his ongoing work and reported what was going on to the front office.
Within two minutes the cops were there.
I gave a description and within another ten minutes they had the guy and brought me into the station for ID. Not a major event, but kinda fun on fathers day.

We drove early in the AM knowing we had a lot of ground to cover. Just outside of Santa Cruz we picked up some delicious, impossibly ripe strawberries at a farm stall. Just past the market, I saw the sign for my favorite winery and home to my wine idol Randall Graham and Bonny Doon. We didn't stop, but it is good to know where he is when I need to find him.

Lots of great little beaches along the way all of which looked inviting if it went for the fact that we















Drove through SanFrancisco and played in golden gate park with the boys. Took the obligatory photo at the corner of Haight and Ashbury.















The drive through Marin County was beautiful (I know I'm sounding like a broken record).

The luckiest cow in Sonoma County:












The long drive was soundly punctuated with a whole family screaming contest while driving up the coast. While I think i took it in terms of volume, Hayes was certainly the most enthusiastic screamer. Attaboy.


Night














Camper Crepes are served to an appreciative audience:














Haight Ashbury
Strawberry stand
MamaTash driving the bus
Muir point lookout. Spotting pill boxes. Egret in flight.
Beautiful drive
Light at dusk
Long drive 9:00-7:00. Moral was high
Screaming in Sonoma
The happiest cows in Sonoma County
Organic farms
Tomales bay
Stinson Beach
Bodega Bay
Beautiful campsite. Bottle of Spanish rose and a couple of beers.
Tide pools. Seals, sand fleas, mussels, snails dead crab
Westphalia culture. Charlie the river guide.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




Location:Salt Creek State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment